Pages

Monday 2 July 2018

Last week of school

Last week of school

This week is the last week of school, this whole week is about finishing work and projects for Ako evening that happens mostly at the end of each term. Last term for Ako evening me and my group made a timeline based on a specific place but this term will be different. This term it is basically about Earth and beyond. Me and my group(Coralee, Carra, Teresa, Fine) made a presentation talking about the solar system. We had different questions that related to the solar system for example my question was about how the planets get their names. After researching about the planets names I found out that all planets except Earth was named after Greek and Roman gods and was also named based on their appearance. 

This week the Kia Manawanui syndicate also have to finsih off our inquiry project that was due like 5 weeks ago, for our inquiry project we had to create something that woud show how the phases of the moon works. That is the most important thing that needs to be finished, me and my buddie Stephney started off great but then as the paint was drying the cardboard then started to bend and it turned out horrible. So i'm thinking that we should probably paint the cardboard first before taping it together.

So far you already know that this week is a very busy week because now we also have to finish off our Matariki work. Me and my group(Edith, Mary-jane, Akih, and Toma) made a google drawing showing our opinions of what we think about Matariki being a public holiday in NZ.
WALT: Evaluate an opinion using evidence,
"Should Matariki be a public holiday in NZ?"

I can say that me and my group have finished this Matariki work we interviewed some students and took their opinions about what they think about the topic, "Should Matariki be a public holiday in NZ?"
We took a video and also included some of the students opinions.

I really enjoyed this term especially when we went to Camp! I am so sad that this term has to end but hopefully next term will be just as fun as this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.