Pages

Thursday 22 March 2018

Te Tuhi Reflection

Te Tuhi Reflection
 Describe the steps you took to create on my artwork - “I am NZ”. To start off our artwork (“I am NZ”.) there were 4 steps to making this wonderful piece of artwork (Printmaking). The first step includes the 2 painting strokes, the first painting stroke was painting our clear sheet up and down, after we have finished painting up and down we start dabbing ( paint dabbing). Paint dabbing is where you get your paint brush and start press against the piece of artwork lightly.

 During this second step after doing the 2 strokes and leaving it to dry Salome (our art gallery guide) gives us a painted clear sheet that is dry and with that dry painted clear sheet we use that to trace our block letters and start drawing our practise artwork with a pencil. 

 This next step (Step number three) after having about 15 minutes of drawing and tracing we move onto the next step which is Etching. Etching is where you have this Etching tool that has a pointy end on one side and a big round end on the other side, so what you do is you grab the Etching tool and you use it to go around your piece of artwork to make more clear to see. 

At last the final step to printmaking is choosing a colored paper and once you’ve picked your colored paper you have completed your artwork. 2) Reflect on your Etching skills - was this a new art skill for you? When we got up to the part where we have to start Etching our work I thought that it would be easy but then when I actually started doing it I knew that Etching a piece of artwork is hard but it was a new skill for me, after getting used to etching my artwork it slowly started to become a simple skill. 3) Reflect on the end product of your artwork. At the near end of printmaking I could see that it our artworks where starting to show like for the first time I knew how to printmake. Once we have finished it will look like this:

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Hevani! First of all what are long and full detailed reflection. I like the way how you explained it step by step of how you made it. This helps the reader knows exactly how to make it. What you could improve next time is add what you found challenging? What did you enjoyed about the lesson?

    Besides that you have put effort into your work!
    Keep it up Hevani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hevani, I liked reading your amazing reflections about te tuhi. I thought that you had a nice structure and you had sequenced you writing really cool but I thought you could have added a WALT to tell others what is the main purpose about your reflection, anyways I really liked your work.

    Keep up the good work Hevani!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.