Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2019

🗣👥Thursday Ako Evening👥🗣

🗣👥Thursday Ako Evening👥🗣
IALT: Share my learning with others

Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog!! During today's blog I will be sharing with you all what our class, room 9 has prepared for our Ako evening today. You might've not known but Ako evening was planned to be after school on Wednesday but for some reason which im not sure of Ako evening was moved to Thursday, my guess is because most classes were probably not finished with their presentations for Ako evening. First of all I would like to start off this blog by explaining what me and my group have prepared for our Ako evening. 

Me and my group (Lydia, Hiria, Hope) decided to prepare a presentation showing four peace activists. In my previous blog you might've read that each one of u girls chose one peace activist each and had to find out HOW those peace activist brought peace to their country. 
An example, I chose to research about Ron Kovic, Ron Kovic is a writer, peace activist and was former United States Marine Corps Sergeant, he was shot in the spine, he was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down, Ron Kovic was awarded a purple heart for his courage and service during the vietnam war. To summarise this Ron Kovic brought peace to his country by having the courage to fight at war to bring peace for his country. 


Here is the link to my previous blog about Ron Kovic: Peace Activist - Ron Kovic

Here is our presentation we prepared for Ako Evening: 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Havani.
    My name is Chloe from Yaldhurst Model School. YMS for short.
    This is such awesome Blog post, Well done.

    Its really sad how all those people died in the war. Im just curious why did you Blog about this? Was it for activity?

    I like how you added some pictures of them so I can picture what they looked like. Was it easy to work as a group? Because I know sometimes its very frustrating?
    This Blog post is high quality work, its great.

    Kind Regards Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chole,
    First of all I would like to thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.

    The reason of why I chose to blog about this is because I like to reflect about recent events and at that time we had an event could Ako Evening, Ako evening is where each class present their work in a creative way so that they are able to share their learning with the community.

    Well yes, I find that working in a group is easy because if your stuck on something you have your group there to help you. Working with my group was easy, we all gave each other one job to do and we were able to do our job without any problems.

    Once again thank you so much Chole for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hevani! My name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School. I love your descriptive blog posts! They all have an introduction (which I am really happy about) which makes your blog welcoming. Yes, peace is a very big thing isn't it? I wish that there was more peace in the world and less violence. It's a very loving and calm piece of work you have done here and I think it is truly wonderful!

    To improve your blog post it would be nice to have some videos or some movement to keep me interested. What do you think peace is all about? What do you think peace does to our world?

    Awesome work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.