Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

📚Maths📚

IALT: Add and subtract decimals

For Maths today I have been adding and subtracting decimals, today for maths I also learnt the meaning of the Equal sign(=).
here are some examples:

1) 25.18
  - 12.09

2) 133.89
  -   76.24

3) 12.25
 +   9.23

4) 5 ones + 4 tenths= (or is the same as) 4 ones + 14 tenths

I actually found that with most decimal numbers subtracting them was challenging, I would always make mistakes but then I would find a way to correct my mistakes. I really enjoyed working with Stephney (Who is my Maths buddie). We didnt understand how 5 ones + 4 tenths is the same as 4 ones and 14 tenths. Later on I found a way of understanding how to solve this same equation. 

I've learnt alot in this Maths session, I learnt the meaning of the Equal sign(=) and also learnt how to add and subtract decimals (although I already knew how to). I enjoyed working with my classmates to solve an equation and I think that my next step is to read and understand the problem properly before solving out the answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:

What do you find challenging in Maths?
Do you know how to multiply decimals?
What is your WALT for Maths? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.