Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

📒Maths📒

WALT: Write fractions and decimals as percentages and percentages as decimals.

This week for Maths we have been learning how to write fractions and decimals as percentages and percentages as decimals for example 25/50 = 50/100 because when you're dealing with percentages it is always out of a hundred so I multiplied 50 by 2 because 50 goes into 100 2 times and so whatever you do to the denominator you do to the numerator, so I multipied 25 by 2 and I I got the answer 50, so therefore my answer became 50/100 or 1/2 because 1/2 of 100 is 50. So 50/100 as a percentage is 50% and 50% as a decimal is 0.50.


During Maths I found it challenging to convert fractions into percentages, I thought it was confusing until Ms. komor gave me a better understanding of how to convert a fraction into a percentage. I've learnt that the meaning of 'Percent' means for every 100 or for each 100.
Image result for maths gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:
Do you know the meaning of percent?
Do you know how to write a fraction and decimal as a percentage?
What are you learning for Maths?
Is Maths your favourite subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.