Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

🌹Hauora Metaphor🌹

🌹Hauora Metaphor🌹
IALT: Create my metaphor that describes my Haoura using Playdough.

Greetings and welcome back to my blog! As you all know that for the past few days the Kia Manawanui Syndicate has been focusing on the topic about Hauora (Te whare tapa wha). Today we had to choose a metaphor that was related to our Hauora, we looked at some past years metaphors and also discussed the different cultural metaphors that we could use for our Hauora. We had many options but I decided to choose one of my own metaphors, a chain. My original metaphor was a chain but I realized that creating a chain using Playdough was challenging because it wouldn't stick well and I wasn't able to work with it so then I decided to change my metaphor to a blue and purple rose.
Creating a rose was REALLY EASY!! The steps it took me to create this metaphor required:
- Take a small amount of playdough to save some playdough for others. (You can choose your own two or three colours)
- Mold the playdough till nice and smooth.
- Divide and shape the Playdough as pedals.
- If the Playdough is thick then make it thinner by pushing down gently.
 - Carefully place the pedals together shaping a rose.
- If you want grab a bit of green Playdough and shape it as a leaf to add onto your rose.

This is the process of how I created my rose, here is an image of my rose that I have created:

What I enjoyed while creating this metaphor was being able to work with others and being able to get to know others artistic side which I enjoyed, I also enjoyed being able to see others being creative with creating their metaphor, ALL artworks were AMAZING!! 
I discovered that I can focus and be creative with my work if I put my mind to it, I think that next time I could work on being able to find different ways/solutions to creating a chain before moving on to the next metaphor.
Here are yet a few more photos of the class creating their own metaphor with either clay or playdough:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.