Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2018

🥊Kiwisport - Boxing🥊

🥊Kiwisport - Boxing🥊
IALT: Reflect on Kiwisport

This Monday during Kiwisport the Kia Manawanui syndicate were learning the 2 different types of movements: Hook and Uppercut. Last week for Boxing we learnt two other different types of movements: Jab and Cross. 

Straight away we got into our buddies we had last week, my buddie this week was Carra. We then practised the moves that were taught to us last week(Jab, Cross). "Ok guys, were gonna get straight into practising how to move in boxing." announced coach. So after learning how to move your feet in boxing we then came back to our buddies and played the shadow game. If you do NOT know how to play this game then let me tell you. One person has to be number 1 and the other number 2. The number 1 partner has to follow the moves that were taught and number 2 partner has to follow. Then you swap plays, so partner number 2 will know be the leader and partner number 1 will follow.

We finally got into learning the 2 new different movements: Hook and Uppercut.
So for the Hook movement you will have to get into your rock position, you will then bring your arm back but needs to be the same height as your waist, you swing you then swing your hand across your face. For the Uppercut you will have to again be in your rock position, the first step is to choose which ever arm your going to use for this movement and bring that arm down, you then will swing your arm back up and there you've learnt the two different types of movements. 

Once we've finished learning the two different kinds of movements we then got into learning the combo, which is easy if you know how to put all four movements together. So for this combo we had to put ALL four movements together which made a combo.Image result for boxing png

I really enjoy doing Boxing it get's me hyped and energetic, when I do Boxing I feel like I can be myself. What I found really challenging was learning the different movements, I think that next time I could practise the movements at home.
This week's lesson was AMAZING!! I can't wait for next week!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.