Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

📝WRITING - POETRY📝

📝Writing- Poetry - Earthquakes!!📝

Tectonic plates slip
BANG!!
Earth’s surface begins to shake
As if the earth had a stomach ache
Along the surface there are cracks
SMACK!!
As the buildings collapse.

Caused by the tectonic plates
An earthquake begins
Destroying everything in its way
While earth starts to shake.
Lives, homes, and belongings is what earthquakes take.
People screaming
AH!!
Buildings falling
Crash!!
Run away before it’s too late

Damage, destruction, and death is what Earthquakes have caused.
Leaving people nowhere to live
Hoping others will give
Anger and sorrow
Not sure of what to do tomorrow
And all you can hear
Is sound of sirens that fill the air.

Earthquakes are dangerous
They cause A LOT of damage
Think quick
Earthquakes can play tricks
Beware
No time to spare.

Up top is my poem, for writing we had to create a poem based on a natural disaster, for this I choose to create a poem based on Earthquakes. Also in our poems we had to include 5 different types of figurative language, I included at least 3 or 4, Alliteration, Simile, Personification, and onomatopeia. I was so excited when I heard that we had to create a poem, I think that next time I could work on adding more figurative language in my poem and to use adjectives in my poem.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for listening!!
Please comment down below your thoughts about my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.