Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

📖🤓Novel - (The Graveyard Book)🤓📖

📖🤓Novel - (The Graveyard Book)🤓📖
IALT: Use SOLO framework to think and respond to ideas in our novel.

Image result for the graveyard book

This week starting from this week Wednesday room 9 left to the library to choose our one or two novels/books for our task, before choosing our books Ms. Micic read a book to us about how New Zealand came to be, how people from different countries came to New Zealand and brought with them their talent to share with others. After having Ms. Micic read a book to us we then were givent the chance to choose our one or two books, I WAS going to choose one book but I really wanted to improve in my reading so I grabbed/chose two books my first book is called 'The Graveyard Book' and my second book is called 'Trapped'. I chose these two books because from reading the back cover of the book, BOTH books seemed interesting and I think that these two books are some sort of a mystery book (Which I love).
It was such a hard choice because there were SO MANY INTERESTING BOOKS!! I found one of my favourites (A series of unfortunate events) which is also a movie BUT decided not to take the book BECAUSE i've already read and watched the book/movie so many times (Which is ANOTHER mystery book).

After choosing our books we then made our way back to the class and settled down, our reliever Mrs. Hauschild (pronounced as House-Child) then had us hop onto the SOLO Novel presentation that was shared with us. Within the presentation we had to answer the questions provided and had to complete all tasks, although we didn't have much time to complete ALL tasks. Here is the presentation: 

(On the 3rd slide)
1. Write your predictions about what you think the book will be about this week before you read it. 
My prediction:
I think this book is about an normal living orphan boy being brought up in a graveyard by ghosts. I think that this boy is probably in danger and is hoping to find the person who is responsible for killing his family, I hope that this boy will know the truth about who he really is and maybe his family ISN’T dead, maybe his family is trapped or was threatened to leave him behind or else…

I’m really confused with why a boy is being brought up in a graveyard by ghosts, I know this is just a book but are ghosts real? And can ghosts really raise a child?

2. Write your personal reading goal for this week. How many chapters would you like to read? How many tasks will you complete?
My personal reading goal/s:
For this week because this book only has 8 chapters I am willing or hoping to read AT LEAST 4 or 5 chapters. This book is really interesting and so I am hoping to finish the WHOLE ENTIRE book, to make sure I finish the book I will take the book home and will read for at least 1 or 2 hours. I really want to improve in my reading this year because reading is the subject that I lack most and so I will be finishing all tasks, if not then I will set my reading tasks aside for homework and hopefully I will finish my work at home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What type of books do YOU like to read? Fantasy? Action? Msytery?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.